Countless ways to help
"Meeting up with you has been one of the blessings of being diagnosed ... let's meet up next year and celebrate that a cure has been found."
Judy, a volunteer
Fundraising Ideas & Tips
Here are some great ideas:
Willy Marcotte ($17,327.85)
Johanna O'Reilly ($9,796.35)
Mark Evans ($9,175.00)
Leanne Bhardwaj ($8,168.00)
Pam Kosolofski ($6,150.00)
Pat Brookbank ($4,900.00)
Lesley Shoemaker ($4,475.00)
Maria Margarita Bernardo ($4,473.19)
Wendy Hayward ($4,376.00)
Jessica Mele ($4,195.00)
- Art Event
- Dinner or Cocktail Theme Party
- Bowling Event
- Benefit Concert
- Garage Sale
- Bake Sale
- Car Wash
- Movie Night
- Celebrate a special occassion and ask your guests to make a donation to your online fundraising page instead of gifts
- A 'dog walk' - invite your friends from the dog park to participate and collect pledges for each kilometer walked
- Get your company to allow a 'Jeans Day or Week' - employees can wear their most comfortable jeans by making a donation to your fundraising page
If you are interested in creating a personal fundraising page, click here for more information and to get started.
Tips to maximize your fundraising
- Make a donation to yourself – People are encouraged to see that you are not only asking but that you are also giving. Load up your address book – No doubt you have email addresses of hundreds of contacts. Think of your co-workers, friends and family, team or club members, other business or personal associates including customers and suppliers, etc. Don't assume that any of these people won't support you; cancer touches so many people's lives; in so many ways.
- Ask for support – Don't be shy! Raising funds over the internet is easier than you may think. If you have a hard time asking, this makes it easy.
- Tell you story and include a favourite photo.
- Send a follow-up email – Email can easily be overlooked, so it is wise to send a follow-up email allowing a week between emails to those who have not responsed. And try to add some new information in each email that is sent.
- Give thanks – Be sure to say "thank you" to all supporters. The more you can personalize this the better. Let your donors know how their donation will impact your efforts. When your event is complete, let them know how much was raised!
- Update your donors – Even after you have stopped making requests for support, keep those who have supported you, and even those who have not responded with a donation, in the loop.
Your support makes a difference
in the fight to end pancreatic cancer!
Quick Fundraising Tip -
You can raise $250 in just 7 days - Here's how!
Day 1 - Sponsor yourself for $25
Day 2 - Ask 2 family members to encourage you for $25 each
Day 3 - Ask 3 friends to sponsor you for $20 each
Day 4 - Ask 3 co-workers to support you for $15 each
Day 5 - Ask 2 neighbors to contribute $15 each
Day 6 - Ask 1 person from an organizaion that you belong to like the gym or church for $15
Day 7 - Ask your supervisor/boss for a company contribution of $25